Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Arrivals: George Dickel 14 Year Healthy Spirits Exclusive Single Barrel


Hey All,

Got a brand spanking new exclusive barrel in from George Dickel, consequently with a certificate of authenticity to prove it (bonus!). This 14 year barrel was one of only two available in California, apparently the east coast ate up the rest. Needless to say fighting for it was a long-winded process, but we were able to work some magic and make it happen. This is the first time George Dickel has ever done a private barrel release and it's without a doubt the best Dickel product I've ever tried! Here are my personal tasting notes:

On the nose I get notes of brandied cherries, burnt marzipan, red hot candies, lava rocks, blackberry pie and damp wood. The aromas are seriously oak driven and fruity. As I let it washes over the palate I get flavors of petrified wood, maple syrup, carrot cake, swamp rocks, wet cardboard and frosted corn flakes. The finish is long and woodsy. While this whisky definitely shows its age in full force it never cross the line for me.

Get em while you can! Cheers

Nate


No comments:

Post a Comment